A Simple Life

At least once a month I sit around and dream up a life that is slow and simple.  I always picture the South.  I picture us building a little life in a small town where stress is minimal and the pace is calm and where kids still run around barefoot and play in the street. Surely a place like this has to exist somewhere right???  I've never even come close to living in the South but I imagine it's like this. D would move in a heartbeat if I told him I was ready.  :)

The only other conceivable place I think we would move would be back to South Dakota.  I'm not sure we ever would but it would be amazing to live closer to my family and if I could convince my sister out here to move back there too, all three of us could live close and have our kiddos grow up together.  I loved growing up with my cousins and having such a close knit family and I hope our future kids have that someday too.

This post is pretty random but as I sit here in front of the fire with my boys on a chilly fall night, I can't help but dream up that kind of future.  Truth be told, if we never move I know we'll build an amazing and very happy life right here in the beautiful mountain state, but a girl can dream....

Labels: