Travel and Feeling Blessed

D and I are 9 short days away from hopping a plane and flying to St. Thomas for his brother's wedding! Not only are we thrilled to both be in the wedding, we are ecstatic to celebrate the love and commitment of two amazing people that I will soon be lucky enough to call my brother and sister-in-law.

On another note, we are insanely blessed to be able to take this trip after a super eventful and slightly expensive year.  I was thinking today that I will have traveled outside of the U.S. 3 years in a row from 2012-2014.  I absolutely love getting the opportunity to get out and explore the world a little bit, even if it's just a little corner. In 2012 I went to Mexico with my family to celebrate my sister's 30th birthday.  We were in Costa Rica earlier this year in May for one of my great friend's weddings and we got to spend an entire week in Costa Rican paradise.  We'll head to St. Thomas for a quick 4 days to cap off this year and next year we'll get to venture to Jamaica for our honeymoon!


We don't have a ton of money by any means but we make it a priority to travel and experience the world a little bit when we can.  Traveling to Italy, Greece, and Ireland {among others} is on our bucket list and I know someday we'll make it happen.  Whether you take off for a weekend getaway or a month long trek across Europe, I highly recommend getting out and going on some adventures.  D and I plan on making a bucket list for us as a couple and for our future family and I want it to be on display somewhere in our home so that we are constantly reminded to get out and try new things.

I hope you all are having a fabulous Monday!  I'm spending my night day dreaming about travels, drinking hot chocolate, and trying to finalize our wedding website!

-T-



Labels: , ,