Bye Bye Starbucks…see you in April!



Growing up, I always remember giving up something for Lent.  Some years I would give up soda, other year’s fast food, etc., but I never really paid attention to the meaning of it, or at the very least, asked myself why I was doing it.  Why was it important for me to give something up each Spring and think about said thing every. single. day. until Easter?  I’ve decided that I really enjoy the challenge of removing something {be it a habit, a vice, a food group, whatever…} and reminding myself about things that are truly important.  The Easter season to me, as well as the spring season in general, is all about rebirth and starting fresh and new.  Each year I try to be a little better than I was the year before; I try to be happier, kinder, more thoughtful, and more purposeful in my thoughts and actions. 

This year I am going to refrain from a major vice for the 40+ days until Easter {and I am hoping that by putting it in writing I will be held accountable!} … Starbucks.  Now, I worked at coffee shops for years…all through college and my first year in Denver.  I know I have a bit of a coffee addiction BUT I’m not giving up coffee altogether, I see no reason for that.  I just know that my lil Starbucks habit has become way too frequent and way too expensive.  I am hoping that when it’s all said and done, I will truly just indulge in coffee shop concoctions every once in a while, and not 3 times a week. 

Sitting down with a cup of coffee and a good book is one of my absolute favorite things to do, and that’s one of the reasons why I love coffee shops so much. I associate them with calm, peace, and happiness.  They remind me of the amazing friends I worked with at a local shop in college {J&S Coffee} and overall just my definition of “me” time {and compared to getting a massage or my nails done every week, it’s cheaper right?!}.  Either way, I think that by removing this vice from my life for a while, I will appreciate it more and remember to enjoy it more.  Here’s hoping.

Cheers to my Keurig and work coffee tasting better than ever this spring, folks!  I hope you all enjoy Fat Tuesday!

-T-

Labels: , , ,