Did you know?

That little blogs hidden away in the corners of the internet can, in fact, accumulate dust when left sad and ignored for months on end?!  Its true.  This Little Corner of the World is the proof.  I honestly don’t know what’s been holding me back aside from pure laziness.  I’ve written a few posts that just never made it past the draft stage, but that’s about it.  Anyway, lately the itch to write has gotten stronger and I’ve decided to bite the bullet and dive back in. The stay may be temporary, but who knows, I’m taking it one day at a time for now. :)

Today I am 36 weeks and 4 days pregnant! I’m going to share a pretty personal, frustration-fueled post later this week that goes back to December when we were trying to get pregnant but weren’t yet successful.  I know I have friends in similar situations, many of which have been going at it for much longer than we had to and sitting here now with my big round belly, I’ve got to say it puts things in perspective.  You never know when the tables of your life are going to turn in your favor and I am constantly reminding myself that no matter what I’m going through {good or bad}, it’s the just the current season of my life and it too will pass.  It’s helping me to really enjoy the good moments a little bit more, and not to spend too much time dwelling on the things that aren’t exactly going my way.  

So in honor of all things positive, I wanted to share a few things I’m loving right at this very moment in no particular order:

  1.        Starbucks Fall Cups- I have been doing such a good job of making my own coffee at home lately, but every once in a while I crave a honey soy latte that I just can’t replicate at home.  Also- apparently it’s National Coffee Day today, so I was just celebrating!
  1.  Non-Maternity Yoga Pants- they make me feel like I’m still the same person I was before I found out about this amazing little man in my belly and sometimes I just need to feel like me.  Unlike the non-maternity tank tops I’ve been sporting {in the privacy of my own home-you're welcome} that continuously ride up and leave my belly hanging out no matter what I do. 
  2. Cooler Weather- The weather lately makes me happier than ever this year, now that I have my own little belly furnace. Capone LOVES it too and I’m having a hard time getting us both back inside in the mornings so I can get to work on time.
  3. My husband- Let’s be honest- I love him every moment, but he seriously deserves a medal for the way he has handled this pregnancy.  I get unlimited massages- feet, shoulders, back, calves, etc.  He is insanely sweet and understanding and handles my delightful mood swings like a champ.  I could not do this without him and he’s made the entire experience that much more enjoyable.  I cannot WAIT to see him with our baby boy. 
  4. My fur baby- Capone has been the sweeeeetest little love bug throughout this pregnancy.  He finally graduated from trying to sit on the baby any chance he got, to just crawling in my lap and being as close to me as possible at all times.  He is so adorable and I really hope he loves his little brother.  I also really hope he gets all the love and attention he needs- he’s always been there for us and I don’t want him to forget how much we love him!  Watch this adorable sequence of events from last night--
"That's the spot mom...

 
"What? I'm not tired."
 
"I'm just gonna rest my eyes for a minute."
 
 "zzzzzzzzzzzz"


Alright folks, the baby is currently karate chopping my pelvis so I’m going to take that as our cue to sign off for the night.  Feels real good to be back...see you soon!

-T-





Labels: , ,