Duke - One Month Old!

Our sweet boy is one month old today yesterday! And yes, I can believe it's already been a month.  I've been very intentional about soaking up all of my time with Duke and I feel like I've been more present this month than any other time in my life. I know time speeds up when babies are added to the mix and I know I'll look back one day in awe of how tiny he was but for now we are soaking up all of the tiny-ness, the new-ness and the firsts.


Each week has been better than the one before and the moments of holy crap how are we going to raise a human!? happen far less than I thought they would.  Duke is becoming so much more aware now and seeing his sweet face recognize mine and feeling his little body relax into mine after a meltdown knowing he's with his mama is the best feeling.  

What are you doing to me mom!?
Having my very own baby is like everything I thought it would be and nothing like I thought it would be all at once.  I've felt a whole new level of love and I am fiercely protective of my boy.  I don't know when I'll be ready to venture out sans-baby but I know I'm not ready yet.  I love our little family all together and Dennis and I get more and more confident each day about this whole parenting gig.  On the other hand, I truly underestimated how overwhelming this whole process would be.  I tear up at the thought that I am actually a mom... that this little boy is ours for forever! It's amazing and it's absolutely terrifying.  I will be worrying about him for the rest of my life and that's exactly how it should be, it's just a. lot. to absorb sometimes. 

Checking out his heartbeat monkey
At Duke's one month appointment yesterday, our boy weighed in at a whopping 10 lbs 4 oz and 22.5 inches long!  He's gained 2 lbs 3 oz since birth and grown about .75 inches.  He is such a good eater and I am so so happy that breastfeeding continues to go well.

This week we get to celebrate Duke's first Thanksgiving and I am beyond excited to get this holiday season started with our boy!  He may not have a clue what's going on but he makes everything more special.

#momoftheyear for waiting until my boy was oh so tired to take his one month pictures



Happy Thanksgiving Eve everyone! Soak up all your precious moments with your friends and family.

-T-

Labels: , , , ,