On Being Laid Off

Alternate title "Maternity Leave Part II"

After 4 1/2 years of working for the same company, I was laid off on Friday.  It's the nature of the industry I'm in, and honestly, I'm lucky it didn't happen sooner.  But it happened so quickly and it seemed outrageous that I'd walk away from 4 1/2 years with 1 box and a handful of paperwork in the span of a couple of hours.

I met so many wonderful people at my company, the most important being my husband, and I am so thankful for everything I learned and all of the connections I made during my time there.     I didn't always love what I was doing, but I loved the people I worked with and I know that many of those relationships will last for years to come. 


Considering I wrote about how worried I was about returning to work earlier this month, it's most certainly a blessing that I get to be at home with my sweet boy again.  I still have loads of anxiety about being unemployed but I think we can swing it for a bit while we figure things out and in the meantime, I am going to take full advantage of Maternity Leave Part II because this boy is growing fast!



That being said, if anyone has any leads on some decent-paying temp jobs, I am all ears!

Cheers to the last day of January!  February is going to be a really great month for us and I am excited to get it started!

-T-

Labels: , , ,