On Returning to Work

I've been contemplating a lot about these last 10 weeks as I regretfully countdown the last 2 before I have to return to work. My heart is so heavy. I love Duke, my sweet boy, more than I ever could have imagined...I literally feel like my chest could burst open most days. It's overwhelming yet exhilarating. It humbles me.  I think about all the hours I won't have with him and I selfishly pray that he never forgets that mama is his favorite (sorry hubs- you'll have your time too ;)) I want him to know that I will always be here for him, that if given the opportunity, I'd stay home with him in a heartbeat and that I truly ache, I love him so much. I just don't want him to forget me and us and the bond we've formed. I know he'll never remember these early days when he's older but I also truly believe in the importance of building this foundation of our relationship- based on love and trust and safety.
This face is everything.

I dream about living in a place with year-long maternity leave instead of a measly 12 weeks (if you're lucky and/or saved all your pennies to make it work).  12 weeks just isn't long enough.  But regardless, I have to suck it up, put on real pants, and venture back into the work place two weeks from now.  Anyone have tips or tricks to surviving this new transition? I feel like I just finally figured out the transition from working to new motherhood and I have a feeling this next step will be a million times harder.

That's all for now...

-T- 

Labels: , , ,