Weekend Mania

Like most people, I LOVE me some weekends. Especially weekends that are filled with seeing lots of friends and family.  The closer we get to our big move, the more Dennis and I are focused on making sure we are spending quality time with the people that mean the most to us.

**Fair warning- I set my phone aside a lot this weekend (good thing) which means I forgot to take pictures of all of our outings (bad thing)**

{Friday}

I've been wanting to make homemade pizza so we decided to invite our friends Tim and Erica over on Friday to make pizza, hang out and play some games.  Tim is one of Dennis' very best friends so any time with these two, is good for the soul.  I was a tad disorganized on Friday and we prioritized a family walk over going to the store so by the time we got home with all of the ingredients, our guests were about to arrive.  I whipped up some homemade pizza dough and quickly started cooking all of our toppings.  Dennis jumped in to help with the cooking and Erica saved the day by rolling out the dough into perfectly imperfect pizzas.  Finally, Dennis and Tim tag-teamed the toppings.  I LOVE friends that will jump in and help, even though we had invited them to our home for dinner.  It made the whole evening less chaotic and gave me the chance to feed Duke and keep him happy in between all of the meal prep.

I did a terrible job and forgot to take any pictures of our awesome meal but here are the ingredients we used for our DELICIOUS pizzas.

White Pizza
Sauce
I sauteed the garlic in the butter and added the onion after a few minutes.  Once the garlic and onions were super fragrant and starting to get nice and soft, I added in the milk, half and half, seasonings, and cheese and mixed everything together.  I added in extra milk as needed to get the desired consistency I wanted for the sauce but you can make it as thick or thin as you want.

To this pizza we added chicken (seasoned with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic salt), mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.  YUM.

Classic Pizza
Sauce- jarred pizza sauce

We cooked 1/2 lb of ground Italian sausage with 1/2 lb of ground beef for this pizza.  We added pepperoni and lots of yummy mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and called it good!

{Saturday}

I got up and made some cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs for breakfast which was the perfect way to start our day...aside from baby giggles that is.


This boy makes EVERY morning the happiest.  He is seriously such a joy to wake up to and he makes mornings my favorite.

Ready for our day!



Our first visit of the day was to go see Dennis' grandpa, Papa Canino.  We hadn't seen him in awhile and wanted him to have some quality Duke time.  We ended up hanging out with family for a few hours and it was a great low-key day, with some much needed Papa snuggles.

Saturday night, Dennis and I divided up girls' night/boys' night.  I went to dinner for restaurant week at Stout Street Social with a couple friends I used to work with and when I got home, Dennis headed out for a late dinner with his friends followed by a night out.  I had the Stout Street Social Wedge Salad, Social Burger, and Cinnamon Bread Pudding and would definitely recommend this place for a yummy meal. Omnomnomnom

{Sunday}

Sunday started out with brunch downtown at Snooze!  One of my very favorite brunch places.  We met up with a couple of friends we rarely get to see and it was such a treat to get to sit outside on the patio in the gorgeous sunshine and eat way too much food while imbibing a bit on mimosas.

The best days start with champagne!
After brunch we headed to Dennis' grandpa's house and met up with his dad, siblings and aunt who was in town from California.  She got to meet Duke for the first time and everyone got to spend some quality time with our boy.  Later on in the day, Dennis' stepmom was able to make it over after work and get in some much needed baby snuggles!  That side of the family lives about an hour away but between busy schedules and sicknesses, we hadn't gotten to spend time with them in a long time so we loved spending a long, leisurely afternoon with them!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and that your week is off to a good start! My sister and nieces get to town tomorrow for a long weekend and I. CAN'T. WAIT.

Until next time...

-T-

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14765899/?claim=wsr8xp43nr9">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Labels: , , , ,