Birthday Reflections- I'm 28!

I LOVE birthdays.  I think they are so much fun and any chance to celebrate the people in our lives {or ourselves} is a great idea in my book.  If you don't like birthdays, I think you're crazy.  We are lucky to get each and every year we get, and we get to eat cake!

I'm going to do something I've never done before on the blog and post about 28 completely random things about ME to celebrate turning 28.  Enjoy!

  1. I am addicted obsessed with coffee.  All thanks to my obsession goes to the most fun job I ever had at a coffee shop in college.  J&S Coffee not only introduced me to coffee for the first time at the ripe age of 18, they introduced me to freshly roasted, amazing coffee and let me drink it for free all. the. time.  I still order this coffee online, used it in favors at my wedding, and gift it to my family for holidays.  Maybe you should check them out!
  2. I was diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome when I was 8 years old.  No, I didn't swear uncontrollably all the time, but I did have a lot of different ticks that both plagued me and made me quite the perfectionist.  I've outgrown most of them, but a few still linger every once in awhile! And no, I will not tell you what they are :) 
  3. I hate shopping.  I'll order stuff online all day/every day but I absolutely hate shopping in actual stores.  
  4. I moved to Colorado at 22, met my husband Dennis when I was 23, was dating him at 23/24, engaged at 24/25, and married at 26!  Duke was born while I was 27 and I have high high hopes for 28!
  5. Chocolate is everything.
  6. I have two wonderful sisters, Jen and Michelle.  Both older and much wiser, but lucky for me they put up with my 'youngest child shenanigans'. :)
  7. I have 1 tattoo and it's green, so I'm always covered on St. Patrick's Day.  Any guesses what it is? 
  8. When my mom was pregnant with me, everyone thought I was a boy and called me Otis while I was in the womb.  
  9. We later had a black and white pig named Otis who lived in a pen in our backyard. 
  10. I should probably mention I grew up on a farm- 5th generation to live in my farmhouse. 
  11. I really really love wine.  And beer.  And cocktails.  Just 1 or 2 is plenty, I'm not getting crazy ever on a regular basis over here, but they are delish!
  12. I've always wanted to be a mom.  I was a nanny/babysat other people's kids for years and couldn't wait to have one of my own.  It clearly was no secret because my senior year of high school, I was voted Most Likely To Have 10 Kids by the 10 Year Class Reunion.  Sorry guys, I'll still only have 1 this summer!
  13. I played trumpet in the band, was on the Dance Team and a cheerleader.  I also played basketball, softball, volleyball, and ran track for a short while {someone really should've talked me out of that last one}.  OH and my dad made me take golf lessons for a few years and I was so bad that the golf pro {my dad's best friend} kindly suggested I not join the Golf Team in high school.  #wellrounded
  14. I am an Auntie to two beautiful nieces and one very handsome nephew!
  15. My parents are amazing and have been married for nearly 37 years (April 27th)!  They are such a wonderful example of marriage and I have always relied on their support, trust, and encouragement.  They silently cringed when I made horrible decisions some poor choices and were always there to catch me when I inevitably fell.  On the other hand, they were always there to encourage me to get out of my comfort zone and taught me that there is no substitute for good ole fashioned hard work.  Anyone who knows them, knows how special they are, and I am lucky to call them mom and dad.
  16. I really want to write a book someday. 
  17. One of my greatest adventures was going spelunking in Spain when I was in High School.  Even though I probably caught hypothermia because I fell into the river in the cave within the first 10 minutes, it was amazing.
  18. My 4 absolute best friends are all girls I met from the ages of 7-10.  We  are spread out across the map from California to Massachusetts, but we always pick up right where we left off.  I am a better person because of them.
  19. I really want 4 kids and my husband wants 3...TBD on who will win this battle.
  20. I was 1 of 2 high schoolers chosen from the state of South Dakota to go to the Hugh O'Brian International Youth Leadership Conference.
  21. I HATE fresh cilantro.
  22. I love to read- I think it's such a fun escape.  Duke already enjoys looking at pictures in books and I can't wait until he's old enough to understand them and read them with his mama.  Harry Potter here we come!
  23. I've traveled to Mexico, Spain, London, Costa Rica, and Jamaica...I really hope we can continue to travel and see more places all over the world.
  24. I love watching baseball games at major ballparks- so far I've seen the Colorado Rockies, Kansas City Royals, Baltimore Orioles, Chicago Cubs, Boston Red Sox, and I think the Minnesota Twins.  Lots more to go!
  25. When I was 17 I was a nanny full time in Maryland for a 1 year old and 3 year old.  Love the family that gave me this opportunity and thankful they are such close family friends, from our grandparents down!
  26. Reese's are my favorite candy.
  27. I have an extra bone in my right foot.  The one in the left was removed when I was in college, causing me to be on crutches for 11 weeks.  My family fondly refers to it as niblet. 
  28. When I was turning 3 I freaked out and did not want to have a birthday...I didn't want to get any older. Ha!  Thankfully I've embraced the process since then.
Phew! That was fun.  I hope you learned a little something about me you didn't know in the process!  Happy Monday and cheers to another year!

-T-

Labels: , , ,