Mom Bod

Mondays are perfect for some good ole fashioned real talk, right?  I'm about 11 days shy of 8 months post-baby, and I am feeling a bit trapped in the mom bod.  Carrying Duke and watching as he grew bigger and stronger inside my belly was pretty amazing.  My body was meant to grow and change to support my growing baby, and for the most part, I embraced the change.  Now, as I look down at my too-soft protruding belly, occasionally glance down and see the numbers on the scale, and watch as my breasts alternate between full/achy to soft and...well I'm not sure how I'd describe them when they're empty, I can't help but feel a little discouraged. 

It's not that I had a super slim and strong body before Duke or that I thought I'd magically bounce back and fit into all of my pants right away.  It's just that I'm more than a little bit lazy and I really love chocolate but I also really want to be fit and strong and have the stamina to keep with Duke when he's running all over the place {which is totally going to happen much sooner than I'm prepared for}.  However, he's not the only baby we're going to have and I'd be lying if I didn't think about the fact that I could put a bunch of work into getting into better shape, only to get pregnant again and have to start all over.  Is it horrible to think that way?  Le sigh.

I need some motivation...I'm slowly starting to gain some, but I want to keep up the momentum.  I walk/jogged on the treadmill for 30 minutes yesterday, I'm wearing my Fitbit to remind me to get up and get moving during the day, and I'm hoping to start adding some Pilates videos to my routine when we get into the new house.  I am also determined to start getting more creative in the kitchen and start making more healthy dishes for us to enjoy that don't have the after taste of deprivation.
So now it's your turn...what works for you?  Do you like group fitness classes or some solo time with music/treadmill?  Any specific post-baby workouts you swear by?  I'd love some tried and true tips!  And if YOU have found yourself feeling this way too, know you are not alone!  Mom bods unite!

Happy Monday Friends! 

-T-

Labels: , ,