Weekend Rewind: 10 Year Reunion, All the Food, and Naps!

Sounds like we had a killer weekend, huh?  I feel like our weekend started on Thursday when we went to the Jim Gaffigan show in Sioux Falls.  My cheeks hurt so bad from laughing hysterically and I'm so thankful my sister thought to buy the tickets 6 months ago as a celebration of Dennis' birthday and an excuse to get a babysitter and enjoy a night out.  We had a triple date with my sister and brother-in-law, my parents, Dennis and I.  A sweet family friend watched all 3 kiddos and Duke gave her quite the run for her money around bed time.  Poor guy is struggling a little bit with separation anxiety, but eventually he fell asleep and the sitter's ear drums were able to recover. -_-
We couldn't help but laugh- a security guard took our picture and failed to mention my dad and Kyle's half cut off heads...
Friday night was super low key and full of Chinese takeout and a Redbox movie.  We watched 'Love the Coopers' and it was just okay.  It definitely got better towards the end, but it's definitely a movie I wouldn't have been sad to fall asleep during. Either way, I was in bed by 10:30 like a 70 year old and loved every minute of it.   We also discovered the face Duke makes when I say "Cheeeeeese!" Dying over here.

Saturday, Dennis was the lucky guy that got to help my dad chop down branches and trees all morning and Duke and I walked down to the park for a free kids event.  He was too little to enjoy the activities but he was digging the fresh air and people watching {he is his father's son}.  We met my mom, sister, and nieces and watched them go through a bouncy house obstacle course 15185012 times in between snow cones, cotton candy, popcorn, balloon animals, and yummy grilled hot dogs for lunch. It was a great late morning/early afternoon activity and Duke knocked out a 2.5 hour nap starting on our walk back home.
Blurry morning snuggle selfies

Dennis and I made ourselves presentable and dropped Duke off at my parents house so we could attend my 10 year High School Reunion!  At first I thought it can't possibly be 10 years already, and then I looked at my yearbook.  Woof.  It's most certainly been 10 years!  One of my classmates took on the organization of the night and did a wonderful job.  She had printed out pages from yearbooks all the way back to 6th grade, we had food, drinks, and lots of fun reminiscing over bad hair cuts and what everyone's been up to over the past decade.


After lots of errands on Sunday and a killer nap for everyone in our little family, we had some friends over for dinner.  I made a delicious Cajun chicken and sausage pasta and our guests brought over salad and chocolate covered strawberries.  It was the perfect ending to a wonderful weekend and I woke up today ready to take on a whole new month!  Happy August friends!  I hope you had a fantastic Monday.

-T-

Labels: , ,