Theodore Paul: 10 weeks old!

Theo's 2 month birthday was the day of his baptism and since I didn't get a full on update done then, I'm opting for one today to mark 10 weeks!


Theo weighed in at 13lbs 8oz and 23 1/4 in long at his 2 month appointment.  Everything checked out and aside from some shocked/hurt tears after his shots, he was his normal, calm self. I definitely think he's been going through a growth spurt because he was super sleepy for a few days last week and only wanted to eat, sleep and snuggle. My kind of baby!  Breastfeeding is going really well. We've introduced a couple of bottles which he takes well from Dennis so I'm making an effort to pump more so he is in the habit before daycare starts up. 



We are getting some serious smiles out of our boy now and way more coos in the last couple weeks! He handles some aggressive snuggles from his brother who is bound and determined to hold Theo by himself right now. We obviously don't let him but we have to try to at least make him think he's doing it solo to avoid a major meltdown. He also has a couple of cousins that are always begging to hold him! No lack of cuddles for this nugget.



Theo eats pretty consistently every 2-3 hours during the day, followed by some awake happy time and a nap. If he's in his bassinet or bouncy seat, he'll usually just doze off on his own, otherwise I snuggle up with him and binge watch Gilmore Girls for the 40th time. Don't judge.  We usually keep him downstairs until I go to bed between 10 and 11. He's usually been asleep since 8 or 9 depending on the night and will do a dream feed or wake up to eat before we go upstairs. He sleeps in our room swaddled in a rock n play and does a great 5-7 hour stretch before needing to eat and then sleeps until morning. He's the best!


Theo likes to avoid tummy time by rolling from his belly to back as quickly as possible so we try to do it on our chests or just help him sit up and look around whenever we can to build those muscles! He loves being outside so I try to go for a walk at least once a day with him either in my wrap or stroller.



I've noticed Capone protecting the littlest member of our family more often. He doesn't pay much attention to him other than that but he is always sitting by the person holding Theo or keeping an eye on him in the bouncy seat. So sweet!


We adore this peanut and I am beyond thankful to be at the stage where he's smiling and interacting more! There is simply nothing better than his little face lighting up when he sees us and I am seriously soaking up all the solo time I have with him until my maternity leave ends.

-T-