Theo: 4 months old!

Dear Theo,

My sweet Theo Theo- you are 4 months old! Yes, I call you Theo Theo all the time. Just rolls of the tongue. :) Anyway, today we had your 4-month well check so I wanted to get a quick post up to document a few of my very favorite things from this month.


To start, you are quite the proportionate little man.  You weighed in at 17lb 7.5 oz (85th percentile). You are 26 inches tall (83rd percentile). Your noggin measures 17.5 inches (85th percentile). We all have giant heads, so you're in good company!


Multiple nurses and our doctor commented on how calm, content, and sweet you are today. "Is he always this happy??" The answer is YES. We hit the jackpot with you kiddo. You are sweet as pie and just go with the flow.  You make me smile so big my cheeks literally hurt on a daily basis. I cannot believe we are lucky enough to call you ours and I thank God for you each and every night when I kiss you goodnight.

Speaking of sleep, you're still in our room. I don't want to move you one bit.  Logistically, we need to replace the baby gate that your dad ripped off the wall when he slipped down the stairs a couple months ago before we can move your brother into his toddler room. Then we could, in theory, move you into the nursery. But I just love having you close! We'll see what next month holds.  I should probably head over to Amazon and re-order a baby gate...


I think you're going through your 4-month sleep regression because you've started to want a 3:30/4 a.m. snack.  It's not a big deal at this point, but I do look forward to those full-night sleeps again. We had our first 2 night getaway this month and you were a champ at grandma and grandpas. I missed you like crazy but I'm thankful you take bottles well and my supply is keeping up so we can pick right back up when we're together. 


You have amazing head control and we've busted out the Bumpo seat for you to sit up and see the world. You love standing up in our laps and you have the craziest grip. It's so hard to peel your little fingers out of my hair, off my shirt, or my fingers.  You are still ridiculously ticklish. It's so funny. You cough-laugh because you just can't even handle it. You also love when we play with your legs and feet, helping you do little exercises and dances.


You are doing a great job at daycare. You take your bottles like a champ, play, nap and charm the ladies. You are a huge flirt.


You are starting to get your daddy's brown eyes. They're still blue around the edges but I'm sure that'll change soon too. You have dark brown hair and a ridiculous hairline in the back where you've rubbed your head completely bald except for some fringe at the bottom.  I want to cut it but your daddy won't let me. ;)


Your brother Duke loves you so much. He sings to you, freaks out if we forget to let him kiss you goodnight, brings you a million toys, kisses you, tries to pick you up, etc. You've started to follow him a lot more too- I love watching you light up when you see him!


You are my favorite 4-month old in the whole world kiddo. I simply adore you. You're growing way too fast but I'm truly soaking up every second I get with you, rarely putting you down if I have a choice. Love you to pieces my Theo Theo.

- Mama T -

Labels: ,