Easter 2019

I can't tell you how many moments I've had in the past few days of overwhelming gratitude.  There is something about seeing my boys all dressed up in their Easter gear, watching Duke and Theo hunt for eggs, and seeing all the kiddos run wild on the farm that just about made my heart burst this weekend.  Don't get me wrong, when I was nursing Grayson, wrestling Theo on and off my lap, and trying to get Duke to pick up the 30 loose sheets of paper that were all over the floor because I packed the wrong sticker book, things felt a little overwhelming. I forgot to mention that was all during the first 15 minutes of CHURCH on Easter Sunday.  Three kids is busy and wild and sometimes it's frustrating, but I have never felt more confident in that fact that this is exactly how our sweet little family is supposed to be...even when we look like this ;)
 

During an Easter egg hunt at my parents house on Saturday, Theo found a couple of eggs for his basket and then grabbed a blue egg in each hand and went to hunt for "Duuu". He walked all over the yard to find his brother to give him an egg.  It was a silly thing to get emotional about but in my mind it just encapsulates their little friendship as brothers.  They drive each other crazy but they are always the first one to look for each other and they've already started fighting over who gets to get Grayson's paci when he's upset.






The big boys got to participate in a community Easter egg hunt on Tuesday last week and they both loved it. Theo had quite the entourage during his hunt, including one cousin holding his basket while another cousin and Duke helped direct him to all the best eggs.  Thankfully they let him pick them up himself otherwise the kid literally wouldn't have lifted a finger! Duke was pretty self sufficient during his hunt aside from the fact that he kept trying to fill up his shirt with eggs and then transfer them to his basket. I was cracking up- I love how his little mind works.


We celebrated Easter with extended family on Saturday this year which meant Dennis had to work.  We hoped he would get done early but he ended up having a pretty busy day (luckily it was lucrative!) and he had about 30 minutes to say hi and inhale some food before his tee time with my brothers in law at 3:30.  The rest of us really enjoyed the morning- full of mimosas, kids running wild outside, and gorgeous sunny weather.  There was a line of people waiting to meet Grayson so he got loved on by my family while I get to relax and actually finish a conversation or two.
Clearly Grayson prefers being naked but they sure do clean up nice!

On Sunday we were so excited to bring the boys downstairs to see what the Easter bunny had brought and their reactions did not disappoint! They were both so excited and we loved it - their favorites were new water bottles and volleyballs from us and new baseball gloves from Dennis mom and step dad. They are so small and so stinking cute on their little hands!  We all got ready for church and showed up right as mass was starting.  We rotated juggling the trio for an hour, attempting to listen to father's sermon about the celebration of Easter, and left with grateful hearts.  Our family picture attempts were sort of laughable but they'll work! After mass and the photo op, we went to my parents house for brunch and relaxed for a few hours before taking the boys home for a late afternoon nap.

After nursing Grayson I ended up taking a nap myself while he and Dennis cuddled on the couch.  We were all clearly exhausted (and have been battling awful Spring colds :() so we napped a bit too long but Dennis was able to get the big boys outside to test out their new Easter bubbles and I pulled out leftovers for dinner.  We've been so insanely blessed with meals from some of my book club friends and I'm trying my best not to waste all the good food (especially because I didn't have to cook any of it and it's all lasted into lunches and dinners beyond the first night!).  We let the boys stay up a little later than normal due to late naps and then melted into the couch at the end of the night. It was an amazing weekend- full of more "real" clothes than I've work in a long time and good old fashioned quality family time.  Hope you all had a wonderful Easter celebration! Don't forget it's not actually about the bunny and the chocolate ;)

-T-

Labels: , ,